Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lie Down in Green Pastures


Once again I am spurred on by what God sends me at the right time.

We are still coming through a very hard time but as I have shared in the previous post, God is with me all the way.

I use a daily reading from a free booklet I receive from NZ Rhema. Sometimes I just read it and the bible references and think that’s interesting and other times like these past couple of weeks I have felt it was written just for me as each day God is showing me the way to go and how He is in it.

Last Thursday’s reading was from Psalm 23 and reading the whole psalm was so timely even though it is one I nearly know off by heart.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

It was titled ..

In Spite of the Odds and the Opposition

If you are going through a difficult time right now, read these words: 'You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life...' (Psalm 23:5-6 NKJV).
When does God cause your cup to overflow with blessing? 
When does He empower you to overcome? 
When does He demonstrate His goodness and mercy?
In the presence of your enemies! 
The odds and the opposition can't stop God from blessing you. 
'But I'm really struggling,' you say. Struggle is proof that you haven't been conquered, that you refuse to surrender, that victory is still possible, and that you're growing. 
As long as you keep walking with God and trusting Him, He will work on your behalf.
He will send His Spirit to guide you, His Word to illuminate your mind, and friends to strengthen you in your time of struggle.
If you're teachable, you're reachable.
Keep your heart open, keep listening to God, keep obeying Him and you will see that your problem is just a platform for Him to 'show Himself strong on your behalf' (2 Chronicles 16:9 ). 
You'll also discover that His strength comes when you're at your weakest point (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).[“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”]
Finally, you'll be able to thank God for your enemies, because He's promised to bless you right there in front of them. People and circumstances don't decide your future, God does - so look to Him!

It is going to take a long time to fully cme through this time and even now it is not really clear how it will go. Some days we take three steps forward and others two steps back.
Today I am tired physically, mentally and emotionally but I am going to 'lie down in green pastures' and let God minister His goodness

1 comment :

  1. I know that you will find a way to cope with this situation and my thoughts are often with you. Do whatever you need to do to come out of this on the other side. Hugs Maa.

    ReplyDelete