Tuesday, December 13, 2011

'A Little Art Makes A Big Difference'

Art on Main in Tirau is a gallery where eight artists display their work for sale .

Art on Main held a fund raiser offering a selection of miniatures by the artists of the gallery and all funds went to Hospice Waikato.
Entry was a gold coin donation and there were nibbles supplied by the Tirau branch of Rural Woman.



Each piece of art was displayed on its own little easel and they were arranged on a Christmas tree. These could be bought for $20.



I chose one that was by artist Lynnette Smallwood. I had first seen the piece of art on display and having a passion for all things purple it had caught my eye.



Looking over the tree I found the miniature and knew that was the one I was going to buy.



















As soon as I find out how much was raised for Hospice I will add it to the blog

No comments :

Post a Comment