Sunday, February 16, 2014

Plunket Singlet

When my children were babies I knitted a few of the Plunket singlet patterns both the fancy one and the thicker rib one.
I also sewed their nighties from a pattern set I still have. In fact I even used the pyjama pattern. I really love a wrap around nighty.






One day at church I saw one of our young babies wearing a coloured knitted top as a tank top over a skivvy.

I thought I know that pattern and sure enough it was the singlet pattern. It does have a very pretty delicate lace yolk neck design so I thought what a great idea, I'll make one too.

I have lots of ball of wool as left overs form other garments and as bay items don't use much or take much time I enjoyed knitting it.

So here it is, a little top for our youngest granddaughter at the moment.


No comments :

Post a Comment