Thursday, February 6, 2014

More Knitting - Newborn Layette

With grand-baby number six arriving soon I have had my knitting needles out again.

Theresa and Steven are expecting their first baby in March, the beginning of the Southern Hemisphere Autumn so I am doing a couple of first size jacket/cardigans.

The pattern book I used was one I have knitted a lot from and find them easy to do.

It specifically has premature and small baby sizes and as our family tend to make them small they are ideal fits for those first few weeks.

If this baby is a girl Theresa has said it is not allowed to be dressed in pink!

So...

It is a set I have done before in yellow and the hat and bootees in white however Theresa and I chose white for this one.

It's baby's first hand-knitted outfit she had received for it. I haven't done mittens but I may if it gets colder closer to the time.


No comments :

Post a Comment