Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Baby Set


When I was having babies we knitted many things and an outfit that consisted of a matinee jacket, bootees, hat or bonnet, mittens and maybe even a dress was called a layette.



They don’t seem to call them that these days so I will just call it a set!

This green set is for our newest Grandchild, Jacob, and it comes from a book I have used a lot Cleckheaton No. 423, Little Babies including Premature Sizes. 

 
It is design four, the middle size, for new-borns. Although the pattern doesn’t have instructions for threading ribbon through on the bootees I have added it so that they stay on.

I have also knitted the hat a little different around the crown so the pattern carrys on.

The pattern doesn’t have mittens so I made some to match and have put elastic in so that ribbons or wool ties do not get in his mouth.




I have also made a hat to match design one from the book that I made before he was born.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you've kept those hands very busy. I work a lot slower these days due to arthritis in my hands, but I don't let that stop me. I still get the crafts done. Maa.

    ReplyDelete