Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lay Minister

On Sunday at church (Tirau Co-operating Parish) I was given my certificate of Licence for the Office of Lay Minister.

I have been doing the work that it states I can do for a couple of years now and especially this last year as we are with out a vicar or minister. I have preached sermons and take the Liturgy and Communion at both our services.
I have been to training days, schools and courses, for a few years now but our past Vicar didn't finish off the process for me so our Parish Council completed it this year instead.

I am finding more and more that I can do the things this licence says I can do and yet I never would have thought I would in the past. Stepping out in faith, knowing that it is God at work, not me, means that He uses me and I even learn as he speaks to me.

I also received along with the certificate a brass cross from the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki.

When I was presented this by our interim moderator, Rev Neville Harris, he and a good friend of his sung a song for me.


No. 136 from  "Living Praise", published by Marshall Morgan & Scott"    
The words are attributed to Albert Orsborn.

LET THE BEAUTY OF JESUS BE SEEN IN ME,

Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me

All His wonderful passion and purity


Oh, Thou Spirit divine, all my nature refine

Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me

                                 
I felt quite touched by the love that was then showed by all the members of our parish who came forward to embrace and congratulate me.

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations Fiona, You've worked at this for so long and been so patient. Well earned and better person could not have been chosen. Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete