Friday, January 7, 2011

Apricot Balls

These are from Alison Holst's book, The Best of Alison Holst.
I have given each of my cherubs a copy of this book as it has some good kiwi basics in it!


250gr Dried Apricots
¼ cup sugar
Rind of one orange or tangelo
1 Tbsp orange or tangelo juice
About ½ cup of coconut

I do this in the food processor.
Place sugar and grated rind in the processor and process until the rind is chopped up small.
Add the apricots and chop the apricots roughly.
Add the fruit juice and as much coconut as you need to bind it and process until finely cut.
Shape into balls and roll in extra coconut.
Place in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes about 20 balls.
This is a great coloured item added to rum balls or chocolate truffles on a platter.

2 comments :

  1. Oh, my grandmother used to make these! I haven't event bought about them in ages! I totally have to make some tonight.
    Juanita of
    Http://www.lunchboxofawesome.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look for this recipe every year 😂 it's the best

    ReplyDelete