Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coconut Loaf

I have discovered I really like coconut things. I love the chocolate
Bounty Bar. As a treat the other day Katina and I had a bar we like each and then she informed me that my wrapper was a winning wrap and I am now able to go and get another bar.
Well I will do that and pop it away for another day as I am on a weightless plan (I’ll blog that another time) and so treats are something I space out.


This loaf below is one I have had for years and it came from my Mum so goodness only knows where it has come from.
It’s a great mix it up in the same bowl recipe and uses up milk if you have some past it’s used by date.
It also doesn’t keep for long so it’s something that needs to be eaten within a couple of days so I freeze it if need be and produce it when I need to take a plate or have a few people coming around.


Coconut Loaf

1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cups coconut
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven.
Mix all ingredients well.
Turn into a well-greased and lined loaf tin  (I use one that has a base measuring 9 x 19 cm and the sides slope out a bit)
Bake at 180°C for an hour approx. Check the centre is cooked before removing from the oven or it will sink. (Insert a skewer or kebab stick and it should come out clean; or press the top and it should not leave a dent; or ‘listen’ to the loaf – it should not be ‘singing’)
Cool thoroughly before slicing. Spread with a little butter/margarine

No comments :

Post a Comment