Saturday, June 14, 2014

Introducing Kate

I have been so busy with so much happening I havn’t posted on here much.

There have been a mixture of events and things to be doing and one of them is the new arrival of grandchild number six.

Theresa (our eldest) and Steven have had their first baby… Kate.

We now have three granddaughters and three grandsons.

Kate was born on April the 2nd after an over stay in mum’s tum and an eventual delivery with an emergency caesarean.

Not at all what anyone had wanted but, all is well with Mum, Bub and Dad and they are doing fine...as you can see!!

They are truly enjoying this new chapter in their lives.


Unfortunately for Harry and me we don’t see them as much as we would like as they live in Wellington.

Traveling there is not something you just do in a day.
But since the birth I have flown down twice and spent time with them to have cuddles and give support.

I have also had some special times living with my Mum and Dad. Harry was able to come down the first time at Easter as I flew down a little earlier and then came home with him.

I wasn't able to spent all the time I wanted with Theresa and her family but then I did get to help out at my parents and just spend time enjoying each others company. It is a slower pace of life for them so it was good for me too.

Because I work and they all live so far away the months go past with out seeing them but we do talk every Saturday on the phone.

Kate is growing so quickly even in the five weeks of not seeing her she had changed so much.  From a new baby discovering life in a new world to one that smiles and gurgles.

I don't know when I will get to see her next but I am sure she will have changed again.

Needless to say the knitting needles are clicking away...

The top left hand photo is a jacket I knitted for her when she was still "the baby"

No comments :

Post a Comment