Monday, October 25, 2010

My Playlist - Heartstrings

My Mixpod which is a selection of songs I have added to an Ipod on here can be managed by turning on, off or the volume up or down. Check here for more details

The Mercy Project
The eighth song is another from the CD The Mercy Project which is a fund raiser as mentioned here

Heartstrings is a song about a girl putting her child up for adoption and it has meant a lot to me in that very close friends, and now connected to our family, have adopted two children before they were able to have one of their own.

There have been struggles for them as with a lot of adoptions and so my heart goes out to them with the words of this song as they learn to let go.

The song is sung by two Christian singers, Lisa Bevill and Erin O'Donnell, as is with most of the artists on this CD.

Heartstrings

Lisa Bevill

My child inside I love you
I’m asking through the tears
That God will grant me wisdom
Way beyond my years
Because your life is precious
And the best for you’s in store
I pulled upon my heartstrings
Until they finally tore

Chorus:
And I prayed and I cried
And because I love you so I’m letting go
To trust the One I know for sure
I’ll place you in the Father’s hands
The only one who’ll ever love you more

You were the Miracle we prayed for
Erin O'Donnell
That we could not have had ourselves
You brought us joy and happiness
And a love we’d never felt
How we cherished every moment
Then we looked up and you were grown
Never knew this day would come so soon
Oh how the years have flown

Chorus:
And we laughed and we cried
And how it hurts us so to let you go
So much life for you in store
A photo in the video
We’ll place you in the Father’s hands
The only One who’ll ever love you more

Bridge:
And the hardest part of living
Is giving back what we’ve been given
Each gift from God is only yours and mine
For a time

Chorus:
So we laugh and we cry
And the hardest part of life is letting go
To trust the One we know for sure
He’ll hold us safely in His hands
Cause no one else will ever love us more.
He’ll hold us safely in His hands
Cause no one else will ever love us more.

No comments :

Post a Comment