Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cherry Biscuits


This is one of the easiest biscuits I have made.
Jennifer asked me to make some before I went to babysit Jacob as she said Jacob loves cherries, so being the Nana I am, I happily obliged.
And yes he did eat the whole biscuit not just the cherry off the top. In fact he went back later for a second one, opening the tin and sneaking one out!

Ingredients
140 gr butter
140 gr caster sugar
240 gr flour
Glazé cherries.

Cream softened butter and caster sugar until light and creamy.
Beat in flour.
Don’t add all the flour at once. You want a soft mixture that holds together but not crumbly nor sticking to your hands either. So add all but about the last 40 gr of flour and then add the last bit if need be.
Roll into balls and place on baking tray.
Flatten with the palm of your clean hands.
Place half a glaze cherry on each biscuit.
Bake at 170° C for 15 to 20 minutes before they start to turn to a light brown.

I have also made these with broken chocolate buttons, in white and dark chocolate on the top instead of cherries, and called them "A Taste Of Home Cookies".

No comments :

Post a Comment