Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jacket with Knotted Hat



Sometime ago Jennifer asked me to knit this little jacket for her son Jacob. I found it a difficult one to knit as it is knitted as one long piece and as I wanted to make it longer than the pattern I had to undo a few parts and re-knit them to make sure I increased the length in all parts of the front and back. Sometimes I would get the wrong part increased.

The way the garment is knitted with the ribbing being horizontal rather than vertical meant that the jacked was short anyway. But I have since steam ironed it and it sits better now.

I have finally finished it, the little bootees and novelty hat with a knot but Jacob has long out grown it.
As Jacob is now waiting for the arrival of a baby brother or sister I am passing it on to Jennifer for the next baby anyway.

It is from the booklet cleckheaton 951, design number 7 ( there are 8 in the book and I have already done a bolero ).

I used Shepherd Baby Merino wool in grey (colour 2957)




No comments :

Post a Comment