Monday, September 6, 2010

Fathers Day

We were blessed this year to be in Wellington with my father and Harry had all our children and granchildren with him for Fathers Day.
In the busyness of the day at my brothers, I was able to catch a moment where both the fathers in my life were sharing a yarn about vehicles as men do. I am blessed that my hubby and his father-in-law have a great relationship, which is shadowed by the fact that Harry's father passed away 12 years ago.

My Dad (right) is wearing his possum wool hat we gave him
Each was giving advice and experience wqith a few humourous stories as well. I was reminded of Gods word.
The love of our fathers is so important and they need to pass on to their children and their children's children that love, so the next generation will grow as best they are able.
Too often the fathers are absent in families. In the past it was because of war but now it seems to be the lack of commitment among other things.
Our children are our future decision makers, educationers, family builders and child raisers.
Continue to love your fathers and be a support to shaping our futures.

Deuteronomy 6:4-7
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Jeremiah 18:1-6
At the Potter's House
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : 2 "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." 3 So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

5 Then the word of the LORD came to me: 6 "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.

All scripture is from (New International Version)

No comments :

Post a Comment