Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lemon Honey

We used to have a large lemon tree and any time of the year I could go out and get a lemon. People used to come to get lemons as they knew they would be there.
A couple of years ago it finally died and we have since planted a new tree but it is still little and doesn't produce fruit yet.
I do miss it and all the recipes I used to make from the fruit.
However a lovely lady gave me some lemons and I have made my favourite lemon honey spread. Thank you Tanya.

It is from an old Edmonds Microwave cook book.
I keep this in the fridge as it can tend to go mouldy if it doesn't get eaten quick enough when left in the pantry.

Lemon Honey

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
50gr butter
1 tspn grated lemon rind
½ cup lemon juice

Put the eggs and the sugar in a two-litre microwave jug or bowl.
Beat until well mixed.
Add the butter, lemon rind and juice.
Microwave on high power for approx 5 minutes on high (100%) - see Note*, stirring with a whisk every 1 ½ minutes.
Cool for a few minutes then pour into hot dry jars.
Seal when cold.

This makes about 2 cups.
I dry washed jars out in the oven at 150ÂșC while I am making this.

*Note:
My microwave is a 1100 watt oven.
To change the times for other ovens that are a different wattage try this site

http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/Charts/

No comments :

Post a Comment