Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Plum Tree - The Secret

I was feeding the chooks this evening when I suddenly noticed that the plum tree was starting to bud. Just those little tell tale swellings that you only notice up close, as from the distance the tree still looks like it is dormant for winter.


It made me smile as it’s like a little secret, that soon, buds will be ready to burst open to beautiful blossoms - the beginning of the new season for fruit.

Every year it happens with out fail, but what becomes of the blossoms and the fruit they produce are affected by the elements around them. It reminded me of a verse in the bible about the secrets of God.

Deuteronomy 29:29
The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

The ways of life are God’s secret but once revealed they are affected by our actions, reactions and our free will. They are placed in our care as gifts but for us to have and use to fulfill God’s purpose. His plan is not something we know until we are living it. It’s a secret just like each of us were before we were born.

Psalm 139:14-16
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

His plan for our lives is unique. Each one of us has our own journey to go on, but God knows what that is even before it comes into being. It is His secret. But He will reveal it to us when we are ready.

I too have a secret and it is so special to have something secret before it is revealed to others.

When I took the picture of the buds on my plum tree I found one blossom already open, another secret that spring is just around the corner.

All scripture is from (New International Version)

1 comment :

  1. And the secret?! I can now tell you, we will be grandparents again in March 2011.

    ReplyDelete